Monday, May 9, 2011

...and now, it's May!!!

Well where did April go!? I didn't get much done but the month seemed to disappear nonetheless. One thing though...my Mystery Quilt is at the quilter and I should have it back for the quilt show. There was no way I was going to quilt that myself. There were too many seams and it was just too much of a project to take on. It will likely be a gift for someone this winter and I know it will be appreciated however it's quilted. Can't wait to get it back. Looking at my completed tops, I am going to have another small quilt hand quilted by a local group. First of all I am going to add another set of borders to give it a bit more dimension. This was a Debbie Mumm BOM that turned out just too small. A lot of work and too small after all.

So...I did make something to show! This was the Royal WEdding season and I made a fascinator to wear as I watched the whole thing, starting for me at three-twenty. Unfortunately I didn't decide to make it till the day before and finding supplies to produce such a little hat proved to be a challenge. I will now add feathers and millinery supplies to my Florida list so I will be ready when the next big occasion approaches!!
A fun little project!! Won't be wearing it again soon though...it could be awhile before the next royal wedding. But it DOES look great with red pyjamas!!

1 comment:

  1. Dear lady in purple, Your fascinator is lovely. My niece Rachel went to the University of Hull a few ago & came home with many fascnators. I really love yours Anne. The table topper for Sheila is beautiful & I know she loves it. Blessings: Dianne

    ReplyDelete